Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 3 of Profit Lance Assessment

Really this should just be called Day 3 of learning Internet Marketing, as where I am starting from.....is most probably different than many people in the business.

In short, I'm a techno baby, I definetly don't consider myself to be web savvy, nor even read up on new technology such as hardware or software etc.

I have some friends who are big into it, but when they start talking 'techno babble' i switch off.

So, that is where I'm starting from, a place of being a complete novice.

Sure I surf the web for pleasure, sports scores, check e-mail, small time research, but to be honest, nowhere near enough, to really take full advantage of these money making opportunities only just yet.

Having said that........the amount of learning resources on the Profit Lance course webpage, is huge, the links to e-books and sites, along with practical tutorials is truly immense.

So the journey has begun.

Yeah i've set up all sorts of accounts, the Google Adwords account, the Google Adsense accounts, this is all extremely exciting, but I'm still highly sceptical that I can make some money from it.

This is my current state of mind.

Having said that however as well, I have a character that 'follows through', and I think that is key, to any endeavour. The learning process can only occur if you follow through an entire project and assess it at the end. Hence I'm doing this for 30 days, assessing the system, using it's suggestions and learning material to make money online, as per the goals set out before.

Today, I realised that my Adwords campaign had garnered 6 clicks! That is 4 more from the other day. That is encouraging.

However I also learned through the pages of reading material, that clicks are clicks, but what you need is 'targeted' clicks, otherwise you will just end up losing money on paying for 'mistargeted clicks'. These clicks that I got, I realised were for 'keywords' that were too general, and not directly linked to my product offering, hence it was a waste of a few cents, however it was a good lesson. I read through the learning material, and learned the importance of a thorough 'targeted' keyword search process, that is lengthy, and that you need to get used to. Once you get the hang of it, then it takes less time and gives results. At the moment, I'm still at the stage of reading up about it, and need to bring up the courage to actually do it. Feeling trepidation and excitement, as like I said, I've never done any real commerce online before, for me this is very cutting edge, entrepreneurial stuff.

The endeavour of Adwords is to get a sale. So the keywords must be targeted to your 'paying' customer, and not to 'ordinary web surfers'. There are many genuine people, who want to purchase online, and indeed there are many great products and offers for sale online, cheaper than in the 'bricks and mortar' world.

In summary, today was a learning day, I revised my keyword list to get rid of the general keywords that provided clicks, but were too general to provide any real purchase potential.
Also learned that there is some softward that speeds up the keyword search process considerably, notably a software called 'keyword elite' which many of the advertised online marketers are using.

Also learned the process (read it and followed it through the learning material but haven't physically implemented it yet) of keywords search, and then keyword organisation (learned that it is important how the keywords are organised into ad groups, as opposed to having a whole bunch of keywords in one ad group). Learned the process of 'peel' and 'stick' to identify and capitalise on the highly profitable keywords found, by placing them in another ad group, and then catering the advertisement text around this highly profitable keyword. Very interesting.

Tomorrow, I will attempt to research into 1 niche market, identify one that is profitable, and source the 'keyword elite' software to identify profitable keywords towards this niche market.

Will also refine my current ad campaign, that exists on adwords, by organizing the existing keywords into categories, and ad groups, with each ad group having a similar topic keyword. Will also re-identify the most profitable keywords for the current campaign and import them into my ad campaign.

Till tomorrow. The learning journey continues.


Failure is a far greater teacher than success.



http://mpolo.thebestbizreview.com/index.cfm?scn=welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment