Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 6: Review of Profit Lance

One of the daily quotations on the Profit Lance course members site, states......the more you learn the more you earn.......indicating a long term view of it all.

As I read more and more into it, I realise that Profit Lance is very top heavy on affiliate marketing....which often means.......if you don't have your own website,,,, you are paying to promote other people's businesses.

Ummmm, i don't know about that. PPC......pay per click.....you...the promoter...pay each time somebody clicks on your ad, and you only get paid when someone actually purchases the product on the basis of your ad.

Ouch....now that is actually rather difficult to do, and i can see requires a very long learning curve, with many difficulties along the way.

As I see it, you have to be an expert marketer to make money via affiliate marketing.

You really need to learn, a LOT of stuff about online interaction with your customers, about how the online environment (which is very changeable and dynamic) works, where each technique...advertising technique i mean .,...fits in.

Wow.......that is a lot of hard yakka.

Im thinking that there are easier ways out there to make money.

For one, learn all the skills of developing your own website......after having selected a hot niche.

Then use domain name registration to select a killer domain name that contains your keyword in the domain name, then do massive SEO along with great customer focused content......in other words offer a product that directly addresses the needs and wants of your target market.

I'm beginning to see the potential of the internet and making money on it, how it is possible to create an informational product such as a E-book, on a topic that is really helpful to people and addresses a specific need, then using traffic generating techniques to your website, or blog.

But all in all......you need to do the very hard long yards, before you get anywhere. There is no substitute for hard work, especially I am learning this.....on the online world.

The online world is highly dynamic, and hence you need to become highly dynamic as well.

You are in competition with all the other people also trying to make money online.

There is no fast money, without having done your online marketing apprenticeship.

All in all, today I used the Profit Lance course for educational purposes, to get a general idea about how SEO works.

The explanations are written in simple, easy to understand language, and the projects/exercises are helpful......however I get the feeling that learning all there is on the Profit Lance course, will not substitute the tried and tested and "real" lessons learned by doing it yourself.

it's as if the Profit Lance course, is a basic educational resource, rather than a proven money making system. At least that is the impression that I am getting.

The provided websites, are of limited quality, it is recommended to direct traffic and promote these sites via the techniques taught in the system.

However i am unwilling to lose money via Adwords, as i pay for each time people click on my ad, an ad that doesn't even promote my own product,.....but raises awareness of somebody elses product.

in my view, it would be far better to learn Adwords on your own product, at least this way, you are still generating some awareness of your product, that is used for future sales.

Hence the websites provided are of insignificant quality, and I cannot see myself making any money by promoting them.

The educational material, as i am reading through it, (and yes I am getting through most of it), is becoming clear to me, that it is of limited use, as I will only really start making money online, when I learn from my own mistakes, and I am unwilling to make mistakes on somebody elses product.

So, I am changing strategies, and going to use the material provided in the course, to promote my own product, and make money by raising awareness of my product. Keeping it simple, focused on one area, doing that well, generating income by that, then growing in knowledge and potentially looking at other sources of online income, but at the moment, I am going to promote my own product, and potentially get affiliates to promote my product and raise awareness of this one business, as opposed to doing 50 businesses and being confused as to which market niche I need to focus on.

To do something well, you need to focus your full energies and attention on one project, and consistently pursue excellence in this one area of interest.

Too much diversification for one person, leads to diluting the effort, and decreased probability of success, and it takes FAR longer to get success.

The more and more that I learn, the more and more I am convinced that SEO methods are a far more powerful way to make money, this entitles having your own website, and your own product.

So I guess in a way, I may be in a different situation than others, who do not have a website, nor have a product.

This online marketing course, nevertheless is a stepping stone, towards greater learning, and is a step up, from what I knew before about online marketing. So i aim to learn all that there is in this course, and then step up a level again, which looks as it it might be in the direction of SEO's and website development, and traffic generation towards this product.

So far I am satisfied with the educational benefits of this course, as it stands I recommend it as an online educational tool, however, NOT as an online money making system.......as it is clearly not.

To be fair the creator does state this, saying that, the more you learn the more you earn... no doubt.......but need to keep in mind......the amount of learning involved is huge.....and that doesn't just include reading, and watching videos, that includes making a lot of costly mistakes, im still not sure about affiliate marketing of other products so I am stearing clear of this. Intending to only focus on my own product.

Long blog, that included a lot of repetition, yep I know, just shows, how little I know about technology, and how much more I have to learn, especially about managing expectations about money making online and the reality of the amount of work, and risk involved with actually "really" making money online.


Remebering........


The more you learn the more you earn



http://mpolo.thebestbizreview.com

No comments:

Post a Comment